Pages

Sunday

Just Another Magic Monday


Last Monday, I wrote a thing. It went a little something like this:


"I have been having some thoughts. For a relatively new mother, this in itself is cause for celebration (if the thoughts are anything other than "need food", "so tired" and "what is the word for that thing that ... does the ... thing ..."). 

It's even better when the thoughts just happen to be VERY GOOD THOUGHTS.

Well, at least, I think they're good thoughts. And Tiger agrees and she thought I should share the thoughts with you all.

The thoughts are as follows:

  1. Mondays can be stinky. If you have to go to work, you may not wish this to happen. You may still wish for all of the weekend things to still be being weekendy. If you are a SAHM or SAHD you may be sad that your little people are going away to school or your big people are going away to work and leaving you to your lonesome self. Whatever the case, for many people, Mondays are, in fact, manic.
  2. But what if they could be made a little bit less manic and a little bit more magic, simply be realising that, even amongst the manicness there was, in fact, magicness also?
  3. What if simply by identifying one magic thing in an otherwise manic day, things could seem a little bit brighter and happier?
  4. What if it was ENTIRELY POSSIBLE TO MAKE MONDAYS AWESOME SIMPLY BY DOING THIS?
  5. Or at least a little bit less stinky?"
Many, many people read my little thing. Many more than have read any of my things in the past.

BUT ...

Only three people had experienced something magic in their Monday.

And this made me a bit sad. Because, surely, there is magic in everybody's Monday, isn't there, if they just keep an eye out for it and don't let it pass them by in a fog of to-dos and lists and projects and files and meetings and bad coffee and computer-chairs-that-spontaneously-plummet-downwards?

So, today I'm posting this early, to give you a heads up: Look for the magic thing. Look all day. You might discover you find it at 9am (it might be a yummy apple muffin at your favourite coffee shop), or 3pm (an old lady might smile at you on the bus), or even 9pm (your loved-one might give you a kiss on the forehead and ask you about your day). 

Whenever it is, whatever it is, make note of it and share it here. And make Monday a bit more magical.

I'll start, because my magic thing has just happened. It was watching Tiger rolling 360 degrees around her play mat because she can only roll in the one direction, and then seeing the determination on her face as she tried to go back the way she came. She didn't get there but she tried gosh-darn hard and her courage and never-say-die attitude was enough to bring a huge smile to my face at 5am. She's just lovely.

Now, over to you. What made your Monday magic?

~ Love, Miss Cackle 

12 comments:

Miss Cackle said...

From my dear Dad! "'My Magic Monday has been reading about a Poppet's weekend adventures of rolls, weddings and sunshiny trees. If any bad stuff happens in the coming week, I'll just think of that and it and all will be well.'"

Anonymous said...

The magic in my Monday is work colleagues who are also good friends. What a great piece of magic to be able to look forward to coming to work, to the job that I do - knowing I can change a person's life and make a difference.

Knowing that when life gets me down I have great friends who will listen and care anytime anywhere.

And the beautiful sun that is shining through my office window!

Miss Cackle said...

Glorious. Thanks so very much for sharing!

Miss Cackle said...

Glorious. Thanks so very much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

My magic Monday thing is: reading Miss Cackle post (thank you), and coming home to an already cooked meal, that was nothing to with me at all, except for yelling out "Please get something out of the freezer!" as I left the house. ;)

Miss Cackle said...

Thanks, Miss F! And that sounds like real magic to me!!!

Anonymous said...

My Magic Monday thing is - and I had to look quite hard this week, because although Mondays are usually pretty ace, today I've had a feverish toddler coming down with Hand, Foot, & Mouth disease - making sparkly fairy gel for my niece's fast-approaching birthday party. :)

XXX Angharad.

JacintaV said...

My Magic Moment was when the only thing that made Bubba stop grizzling was a great big snuggle with her big sister (Mummy had tried EVERYTHING). It's MAGIC how much they love each other.

Unknown said...

I had a couple in the midst of a really, really, really, really stinky day, week, month (cat dying, + family illness), but the most magicky of them was brushing my daughter's hair at bedtime and seeing it shine like gold.

Miss Cackle said...

Oh golly, Ang! That's horrid. Glad the fairy gel made it a bit better!

Miss Cackle said...

That's wonderful, JC xxx

Miss Cackle said...

Beautiful. I'm sorry you've had a yucky time. I hope it gets much better soon!

Post a Comment